LA BARCA RESTAURANT

VIALE ITALICO 3, FORTE DEI MARMI, LUCCA

La Barca Restaurant landed on the shores of the town of Forte dei Marmi way back in 1906, and is right on the sea. It sounds like a simple local legend, but it all started when Captain Leo Tacchella, who would transport wine on his boat from the Elba Island to Forte dei Marmi, docked his boat on the shore and started to sell his wares. Some time later, the captain had the idea of opening a new place, and so the restaurant was born. It was subject to different management until 1969, when Beppe: who called himself "the farmer restaurateur" due to his countryside origins, took charge. In 1985 he passed the helm of the ship on to his brother Piero, who along with all the staff continues to welcome customers into his restaurant, ensuring that a visit to the "Barca" is always a special one. And who knows if captain Leo is still lingering somewhere, perhaps even grinning to himself in satisfaction...

Share by: